About the Program
The Government of Vanuatu offers foreign applicants access to citizenship through the Vanuatu Citizenship Development Support Program to promote the economic development of Vanuatu.
Nominated candidates will receive a citizenship certificate as well as a biometric passport.
- Travel to 129 destinations including 26 Schengen Area countries;
- As part of the Commonwealth, citizens are entitled to extra assistance from UK embassies;
- No income, corporate, capital gains, estate, wealth, withholding, gift and other personal income taxes;
- Hereditary citizenship;
- No physical residence required;
- No language competency required;
- Citizens can apply for a National ID card, a Driver’s licence and a Birth certificate.
- Step 1 VFIU clearance and diligence checks.
- Step 2 Citizenship application.
- Step 3 Ceremony and passport collection.
The processing time varies from 4 to 6 weeks.
All documents must be written in English or translated into English by a certified translator.
- Citizens from Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Syria and Yemen unless: (1) they have been living for at least 5 years outside their country, or (2) they can prove their permanent residence abroad; or
- Applicants failing the VFIU criminal and financial screening.
Do you need help?
Our agents can assist you in Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese, English and French.